Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thing #14


Flow Charts
I checked out Gliffy for flow charts, and was surprised to find that flow charts were only a very small portion of what they offer.  They have several templates for Website Design, Venn Diagrams, Organizational Charts, Network Diagrams, Software Design, Business Process, and even Floor Plans!  I played around with several of these options, and made a few things.  I will likely use this later to make things for my classroom, or even for myself, such as the floor plan tools for my house! I definitely found this to be a great tool.
Here's my bit of playing around with just a blank start and using various tools.


Mind Maps
I chose to explore Mind Meister to make a mind map.  It was pretty handy as far as easily being able to create links to outside websites, create tasks for other users to complete, and insert images.  I also liked that it was easy to collaborate with other users, making it a great tool for group projects.  However, I ran into issues adding new nodes and having what I had typed in a node just disappear when I clicked somewhere else.  The short tutorial doesn't really explain anything about that happening, so I wasn't sure what the issue was, but it happened a few times.  Below is my trial mind map.

No comments:

Post a Comment